Wednesday, August 11, 2010

life is short

I have had the most incredible year.  But it hasn't been without darkness.  I just returned home from a week with my dad.  It's been so hard watching someone you love slowly fade.  It's just another reminder of how quickly life passes.  Do what you love.  Love what you do.  Love those who are in your life because you never know how long they will be with you.
I feel blessed.  I have had so many wonderful people in my life.  I cannot thank them enough.  I am dealing with a lot of mixed emotions now and it is so good to know there are people I can rely on.
My dad is one of those wonderful people.
I have gone a long time without truly connecting with him.  As in all families, there are issues.  Mine are no exception.  So now I try and make up for some of that lost time.

But I have never doubted his love.


5 comments:

  1. So sorry you and your family are going through this hard time. You are right - time flies by and we have to appreciate those in our lives! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are heartfelt and insightful. You are giving your dad (and yourself) the best gift of all, time together and love. Proud of you Hosea, and I know your dad is too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi buddy long time no talk, sorry think we both been busier then heck, you with your new StreatChefs roll out and me the pit master here. Sorry, I am not writing from my desk computer (that'e where your email is), but wanted to touch base with you.

    I do hope your dad is having some good days, I wish I had some words to give him strength and lessen the pain, but I don't. Other then to let know he is in my prayers, as are you.

    It is slowing down here in NY and will be able to give you a hand with the blog. Let's try to catch up. I have some good ideas to help with the social networking end of it and can give you a hand and direction Glenn admin@man-over-board.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished up Top Chef and was super stoked that you won -- thinking of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite quotes - "If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." by Henry David Thoreau. Thanks for being inspiring both personally and professionally. It's contagious.

    ReplyDelete