Sunday, September 27, 2009

SOS BBQ

Saturday was my featured BBQ dinner at Steve Strawbridge's house.  The dinner was won by Steve at the annual Share Our Strength's "Chefs Up Front" dinner.  He generously bid over $4000 for the dinner.
SOS is an amazing foundation that helps to fight child hunger in the United States.  We found out during the dinner that Colorado has the highest number of hungry or malnourished children of any state.  It's a great cause and I have been a proud chef for SOS for the past 10 years.
Knowing Steve paid so much to have me feed 12 people at his house, I wanted to make sure they ate well.  Six racks of slow-cooked baby back ribs, six pounds of braised chicken thighs, marinated and grilled chicken breasts, an assortment of brats, coleslaw, cornbread, potato salad, greens, grilled veggies, and grilled figs with cormeal cakes and lavender syrup did the trick.  William Snowden supplied all of the wine and the pairings were perfect.  I believe everyone was more than stuffed and more than a little buzzed once the event was through.  Max helped me big time throughout and dinner was a success....

No comments:

Post a Comment