Tuesday, September 29, 2009

street food


This past Tuesday I put together some examples of street food for a group of very accomplished food professionals.  The group was assembled to hear a pitch from my good friend Laura (and possible future business partner) about a concept called Streat Chefs.  The idea is to take the iconic Airstream Trailer, pimp it out with a bunch of nice equipment, and hit the road.  The food needs to be simple, inexpensive, and killer.  I sketched some ideas, called up my friend Laura (apparently I'm surrounded by women with that name) at Whole Foods Market for some product, and started prepping.  I came up with a few dishes:  Munson Farms Butternut Squash Soup, Pork Belly Sliders, Habanero BBQ Chicken Tacos, Curried Lamb Flatbread, and a few sides.  The presentation went very well, the food was a hit,  and it looks like there may be some more work in line for me in this arena...

No comments:

Post a Comment