Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Vegas


Well, well. How to blog about sin city without being cliche or obvious.  Let's just start by saying I had the best food and the best luck...
I had my (early) birthday dinner at Joel Robuchon in the MGM Grand.  It was absolutely amazing.  The food and the service were everything you would expect and more.  The experience is somehthing I cannot describe, other than to say it is well beyond the norm.  We had a five course tasting menu and wines that my good friend picked out.
Chef Clauce Le Tohic came to our table and described the daunting task of creating great cuisine in the middle of the dessert.  It doesn't hurt when you have a staff that would crawl over broken glass just to tourne one more turnip for you....
My luck at the tables was grand.  I pretty much ruled the poker table, the craps table and the blackjack table.  I think the gambling gods finally took pity on all of my losses and gave me a little birthday love.
Finally it probably goes without saying that I got sleep after the trip was over.....

No comments:

Post a Comment